Explore information for polio survivors, families and health professionals.
Post-Polio Health© (ISSN 1066-5331)
PHI's quarterly newsletter contains current information about the late effects of polio, updates about post-polio related and neuromuscular respiratory research, as well as articles that offer practical and useful advice by experienced survivors and health care professionals. Available with Membership.
Handbook on the Late Effects of Poliomyelitis for Physicians and Survivors© (ISBN 0-931301-04-1 pbk, revised 1999) The 120-page, 6 x 9" book, edited by Frederick M. Maynard, MD, and Joan L. Headley, MS. Contains 90 post-polio related topics; the compilation of the research and experience of over 40 experts.
Remember POLIO? Have you heard about the LATE EFFECTS OF POLIO? ... for polio survivors, for families and friends, and for health professionals
CHINESE | FARSI | FRENCH | GERMAN | ITALIAN | JAPANESE | SPANISH
Brochure with information about the late effects of polio in three sections: for polio survivors, for families and friends, and for health professionals.
- Information about the history of acute polio
- Books about the polio experience
- DVDs, videos and films about the polio experience
Educational information specifically
for health professionals.
- Post-Polio Syndrome, Identifying Best Practices of Diagnosis and Care
- Reports and CD from Post-Polio Task Force
- Medical/Clinical Publications about Post-Polio Syndrome and Other Post-Polio Problems