October 14-20th, the dates of the WE'RE STILL HERE campaign, is 3½ weeks away. Have you written your "Letter to the Editor"? Here are the Top Ten Reasons everyone should do this now!
Nancy Baldwin Carter (email@example.com)
10. Time to bury those '40's and '50's March of Dimes images of polio survivors as helpless, needy children.
9. To wake 'em up to this thought: disability is NOT dismissability!
8. Hey-guess what, professor-that super teacher in the classroom next to yours could be a polio survivor!
7. Just one more way to beat the drum for better, more affordable health care.
6. 'Cause we all deserve a barrier-free world!
5. To give another push toward worldwide poliovirus eradication.
4. Where doors are closed, let there soon be a way in.
3. Surprise! There are as many as 20 million of us worldwide, from toddlers up!
2. Part of the glue that holds our communities together? US!
1. And the Number One Reason to send a WE'RE STILL HERE Letter-to-the-Editor:
If not us, then who?